Hi, and welcome to the Marseille User Guide. The User Guide covers all the information needed to use the Marseille theme to build an amazing website, as well as some helpful tips and tricks that will make your experience working with the Marseille theme easier and more enjoyable. If you need any additional assistance while using our theme, you can always submit a ticket to our support forum at secure.helpscout.net and our support team will be glad to help you out.
You can navigate through different sections of the User Guide by clicking on the links in the menu to the left of your screen. You will also notice that we have highlighted certain parts of the text throughout the User Guide, such as important pieces of information, useful tips, and helpful code snippets, with different formatting for an easier overview. Here are some examples of the different formatting we use for Important Notes, Useful Tips, and Code Snippets:
In this first section of the marseille User Guide we will go through the essential steps required to start building your website with the marseille theme. We will explain how to install the theme, import the included demo content, as well as how to update the theme. At the end of this section you will also find a set of Frequently Asked Question related to troubleshooting the theme.
Before you can start playing around with your new theme, let’s first check what the theme package includes. After you have downloaded the .zip file from Themeforest and unzipped it, it should reveal the following folders:
- Demo Content
- Theme package
After downloading the marseille installation file from ThemeForest, extract it and in the extracted folder locate the marseillewp.zip file. You can then install the marseille theme using one of two methods described below.
It really doesn’t matter at all which one of these techniques you want to use, so choose the one which seems to make more sense to you.
- WordPress upload – For most users, this is probably the simplest installation method. To install the marseille theme using this method, please follow these steps:
- Login to your WordPress admin panel
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme
- Click on Choose File and select marseillewp.zip
- Click on Install Now
- FTP upload – If you would like to install the marseille theme via FTP, please follow these steps:
- Extract the marseillewp.zip file you previously located. You should now see a folder named marseillewp
- Using an FTP client, login to the server where your WordPress website is hosted
- Using an FTP client, navigate to the /wp-content/themes/ directory under your WordPress website’s root directory
- Using an FTP client, upload the previously extracted marseillewp folder to the themes directory on your remote server
Activate the Theme
Once the installation is complete, your Marseille theme will be ready for use. Now all you need to do is navigate to Appearance > Themes and activate the Marseille theme. After you have done this, you should see there one more theme called Marseille. Find it and just click Activate (if theme was uploaded via FTP).
Or click Activate right after theme was installed (if it was installed with Theme Uploader)
After you have done this, you should also see notification that appears in the left navigation bar of your WordPress admin panel. It require plugins that need to be installed. Please install and activate all of the required plugins, since they are necessary for the theme to function properly
Installation (Importing Demo Content)
After activating theme will be opened quick setup wizard. It will help you to install theme required plugins, demo content. Just in a few clicks your website will be ready for use.
Read welcome message and click “Let’s Go!”.
Wizard will ask you to install theme required plugins. Click “Continue” and it will install and activate all required plugins.
However, you need to know that you may not install plugins if it’s necesarry, it’s not MANDATORY.
Default Content. You need to select DEMO DATA, just click on Theme image. Than by clicking “Continue” setup wizard will import all demo data – pages, posts, and media files. Please note that import proves will take time needed to download all attachments.
Theme customization. Here you can read information about widgets and child theme. Click “Continue”.
That’s all! Theme required plugins were installed and demo content was imported.
You can update your theme by performing the following steps:
- Download the latest theme .zip file from ThemeForest
- Extract it and locate marseillewp.zip
- Extract marseillewp.zip and locate the marseillewp folder
- Copy/Replace the contents of the marseillewp folder to the /wp-content/themes/marseillewp folder of your web site.