The Theme can only be used with WordPress and we assume that you already have WordPress installed. If not, you may find this link useful: https://codex.wordpress.org/Getting_Started_with_WordPress
Below is a list of items which are required for successful theme installation:
- You are running WordPress 4.6 or higher
- Your PHP version should be 5.6 or higher
- PHP configuration limits: max_execution_time 300
You can verify your PHP configuration limits by installing a simple plugin found here or you can contact your hosting service and ask about your current settings and have them changed in case it is necessary.
Unpacking the theme
After you have downloaded the .zip file from ThemeForest and unzipped it, the following folders will be revealed:
- Theme package
The package folder includes parent and child themes:
After downloading a Theme installation files from ThemeForest, extract it and in the extracted folder locate the Sydney.zip and Sydney-child-theme files. You can then install your theme using one of two methods described below.
It really doesn’t matter at all which one of these techniques you want to use, so choose the one which seems to make more sense to you.
1. FTP upload:
If you would like to install the theme via FTP, please follow these steps:
- Extract the wp.zip file you previously located. You should now see a folder named Sydney.zip
- Using an FTP client, login to the server where your WordPress website is hosted
- Using an FTP client, navigate to the /wp-content/themes/ directory under your WordPress website’s root directory
- Using an FTP client, upload the previously extracted theme wp folder to the themes directory on your remote server
2. WordPress upload:
For most users, this is probably the simplest installation method. To install the theme using this method, please follow these steps:
- Login to your WordPress admin panel
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme
- Click on Choose File and select theme wp.zip
- Click on Install Now
- After successful installation click on Activate or proceed to Appearance > Themes and click on Activate to activate the newly installed theme.
- After the theme's activation you will be prompted to install recommended plugins
In order to make the theme look exactly the same as on demo page you will need to install the recommended plugins. Click on Begin installing plugins link:
You will be redirected to plugins installation page. Check all listed plugins, select Install option and click on Apply button. Installation may take a few minutes:
The success message appears after plugins successful installation.
Our themes have simple data import tool. It's very easy to use, and you can get precise copy of our demo website in just one click. To import demo content into a WordPress site follow these steps:
1. Log in to your site as an administrator.
2. Go to Appearance > Import Demo Data: